This Privacy Statement describes the ways we collect information from and about you, and what we do with the information, so that you may decide whether or not to provide information to us. Please note that this Privacy Statement describes our commitment to the privacy of persons who are not customers. Generally, we may collect information about you as:
The domains that we use are:
- We use automated technical means to collect information about all website visitors;
- You may provide information to us via live chat, emails and ticket system only
- The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your full name, contact information or other things that identify you individually. We do not store your credit card information; as we don't accept credit card payments
- We will never ask you to provide your password for any services
We do not disclose information about your individual visits with any other company
We use various security measures to protect the information we collect, as appropriate to the type of information, including encryption, firewalls and access controls
We will not intentionally collect or maintain, and do not want you to provide, any information regarding your medical or health condition, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other sensitive information
According to EU Data Protection Regulations, we will never provide any client's personal data or even sensitive data as providing such data is prohibited by the law
Personal data are defined as "any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("data subject"); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity;".
This definition is meant to be very broad. Data are "personal data" when someone is able to link the information to a person, even if the person holding the data cannot make this link. Some examples of "personal data" are: address, credit card number, bank statements, criminal record, etc.
The notion processing means "any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction;"
The responsibility for compliance rests on the shoulders of the "controller", meaning the natural or artificial person, public authority, agency or any other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data;
The data protection rules are applicable not only when the controller is established within the EU, but whenever the controller uses equipment situated within the EU in order to process data. Controllers from outside the EU, processing data in the EU, will have to follow data protection regulation. In principle, any online business trading with EU residents would process some personal data and would be using equipment in the EU to process the data (i.e. the customer's computer). As a consequence, the website operator would have to comply with the European data protection rules. The directive was written before the breakthrough of the Internet, and to date there is little jurisprudence on this subject
Personal data should not be processed at all, except when certain conditions are met. These conditions fall into three categories: transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality
Internetivo shall process all Personal Data adhering to the general data processing principles:
- lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (lawfulness, fairness, and transparency);
- collect and process Personal Data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes (purpose limitation);
- ensure that Personal Data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for relation to the purposes for which they are processed (data minimization);
- ensure that Personal Data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date (accuracy);
- ensure that Personal Data is kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed (storage limitation);
- process Personal Data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures (integrity and confidentiality).
- All and any information stored on Internetivo's Platform is treated as strictly confidential. All information is stored securely and is accessed by qualified and authorized personnel only.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You provide to us
- Information that is necessary for the use of the Internetivo Platform
- We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Internetivo Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contractual arrangement which is in place between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Failing to provide any of this data or decision to delete or object to the processing of any of such data may result in de-activation of your Internetivo Account.
Account Signup Information. When you sign up to Internetivo, we require you to provide minimum information - email address and password. In some particular cases we ask you to provide more information - such as your first and last name, identity verification, contact details. Such information is required when you are applying for a registration of domain name and indicated as the WHOIS information.
- Login information. We collect Login scope and Email scope from Google, please see https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/scopes?hl=en and email from Facebook.
Identity Verification. To comply with the rules set forth by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") before the registration of the new domain name, Internetivo may collect identity verification information (such as images of your passport, national ID card, valid driving license or other documents as required or permitted by applicable laws).
Payment Information. To order and use features of the Internetivo Platform (such as web-hosting, domain name registration), we may require you to provide certain financial information in order to facilitate the processing of payments. We use 3rd party (payment processor) services, so we do not collect and store credit card information (we receive information about the payment status and store only last 4 credit card digits).
- Communications, Chats, Messaging. When you communicate with Internetivo (using general inquiries window), we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide or disclose. In order to respond to your request, we may access information provided in your Internetivo Account, purchase history, etc.
- Job applicants' information. We also collect information that you provided to us by applying to any of the open career positions published at https://www.internetivo.com/careers, by e-mail or otherwise. For more details see Section 5 below.
- Visitors and users of our User’s websites or services. We may also collect information pertaining to visitors and users of our User’s websites or services (“Users-of-Users”), solely for and on our Users’ behalf.
- You may also choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Internetivo Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Internetivo Platform. We advise against posting any information you don’t wish to make public on the Internetivo Platform. If you upload any content to your account or post it on your Website and provide it in any other way as part of the use of any Service, you do so at your own risk.
Internetivo processes information you provide to us on the legal basis of:
Your consent, expressed when voluntarily submitting and filling your Personal Data details in sign-up forms, by e-mail, request or inquiries window, etc.; and
- Conclusion and performance of contractual arrangements and obligations between Internetivo and the User;
Pursuance of legitimate interests of Internetivo, as Data Controller and manager of Internetivo platform;
Compliance with a legal obligation to which Internetivo is subject, including, but not limited to, ICANN rules: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en#whois.
Please always take care and observe at least the following minimum requirements for the protection of your personal information:
please omit using your name, address, telephone number, e-mail, personal identification number, date of birth, bank Account number, card number, other special (sensitive) data, etc. in the subject of the request or file name;
please omit using your personal code, payment card number, and other financial information and details, health, family member details, or other specific (sensitive) data, in the texts of requests, e-mails or similar communication to us, and
please make sure that the remaining personal data is only indicated to the extent necessary for the purposes for which the letter, request or inquiry is sent.
Right to delete your data
You may at any time access and edit, update or delete your contact details by logging into your Internetivo's platform Account.
Please note that you will only be able to delete your email during de-activation of your Internetivo Account. To deactivate your Account, please send your request to [email protected], and you will be provided with further guidance.
- Information We Collect when You use the Platform
When you use the Internetivo Platform or contact us directly by any communication channel, we may collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them.
This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Internetivo Platform.
Automatic collection of data
Log data and Device information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Internetivo Platform, even if you have not created an Internetivo Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Usage information. We use a tool called "Google Analytics" to collect information about your interactions with the Internetivo Platform (what pages you visit, such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Internetivo Platform. In consequence, Google, Inc. plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this Site). For more information please visit Google.
- Geo-location data. We collect information about your approximate location as determined by data such as your IP address to offer you an improved user experience and comply with applicable legal requirements, such as taxes, pricing, etc. Such data may be collected only when you access Internetivo platform using your device.
Internetivo processes this information on the legal basis of:
- Conclusion and performance of contractual arrangements and obligations between Internetivo and the User;
Pursuance of legitimate interests of Internetivo, as Data Controller and manager of Internetivo platform.
- HOW WE USE YOUR DATA?
We use, store, combine and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Internetivo Platform, create and maintain a trusted and safer environment and comply with our legal obligations.
- To Create and Maintain Trusted Environment. We verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as ID number, email or phone numbers). We also use collected information to detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other illegal and harmful activities.
- To Create Aggregated Statistical Data, to Carry out Market Research and Analysis necessary for running out our business, to improve our services we use aggregated and/or inferred non-personal information enabling us to evaluate our customers’ needs, sales and other trends of our activities.
- To Stay Connected. We use information about data usage, devices, operating systems to diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our Platform, adopt decision when to retire SDK's/OS versions, to identify characteristics of major users so that we may optimize our applications and services and make your browsing and purchasing experience more enjoyable.
- To Customize Marketing. To provide more customized offers to our Users, we may conduct data analysis based on information you provide to us, your interactions with the Internetivo Platform and its Users.
- To Send Service and Billing Messages. Internetivo may also contact you with important information regarding our Services, or your use thereof. For example, we may send you a notice (through any of the communication channels available to us) if a certain Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance; reply to your support ticket or e-mail; send you reminders or warnings regarding upcoming or late payments for your current or upcoming subscriptions; forward abuse complaints regarding your hosting plan; or notify you of material changes in our Services. Such kind of communication is essential, for this reason, no opt-out possibilities are given to avoid receiving such Service and Billing Messages unless you are no longer a Internetivo User (which can be done by deactivating your Account).
- To Register Domain. In certain jurisdictions or pursuant to the rules of the ICANN or certain registries, domain name registration information has to be made available and accessible to the public through a "WHOIS" search. The WHOIS database is a publicly accessible database that lists the domain name registration information for a particular domain name, the name server(s) to which the domain name points, and the domain name's creation and expiration date. The domain name registration information you provide is stored by Internetivo and is made available to the public through WHOIS searches. Internetivo may deposit your domain name registration information with a third-party escrow provider to comply with ICANN requirements. At times, Users may receive solicitations that result from searches of the publicly available WHOIS database by other companies or individuals. Any such solicitations or e-mail communications do not come from Internetivo and Internetivo is not responsible for the use of WHOIS information by third parties. Internetivo acts only on the basis of ICANN rules and requirements. For more information see: https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/approved-with-specs-2013-09-17-en#whois.
- To contact you. In order to notify you regarding your Account, to troubleshoot problems with your Account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes, we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and portal.
- To get feedback. We may contact you via email to invite you to review any services and/or products you received from us in order to collect your feedback and improve our services. We might use an external company, to collect your feedback which means that we will share your name, email address and reference number for this purpose.
- To provide, operate and improve the Services.
- To enhance data security and to prevent fraud.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Account related cookies
Login related cookies
Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Surveys related cookies
Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we provide services it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Google Analytics (google-analytics.com)
- Google Fonts (fonts.googleapis.com)
- Google Tag Manager (marketingplatform.google.com/about/tag-manager)
- CloudFlare (cloudflare.com)
- Incapsula (incapsula.com)
- FastlyCDN (fastlycdn.com)
- Netlify (netlify.com)
- Vercel (vercel.com)
- Facebook Pixel (facebook.com)
- Inspectlet (inspectlet.com)
- Tidio (tidio.com)Smartlook (smartlook.com)
- Freeprivacypolicy (freeprivacypolicy.com)
Modifications to this document
We reserve the right to revise, amend, or modify this document at any time and in any manner. However, if we plan to materially change how we plan to use previously collected personal information. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our practices. You can find when this document was last updated at the bottom of this page.
If you have any questions about this document or the practices described herein, you may contact our Abuse Dept.
Last modified: Tuesday 2024/03/05 12:34